Richard H. Cutler, DMD
Dr. Cutler completed his DMD degree from Temple University School of Dentistry in 1986. He then went on to complete his residency and specialty fellowship at Temple. His Diplomate certification was awarded by the American Board of Periodontology in 1999. He has served as an Associate Clinical Professor at Temple and as a member of the Pennsylvania State Board of Dentistry through 2007. He served as Trustee for the American Academy of Periodontology for 6 years completing his service in 2010.
Dr. Cutler is married with 2 children. His hobbies and activities include paddle tennis, photography, golf, squash and raising flowers.
Diplomate, American Board of Periodontology
Dr. Richard Cutler is a diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology. A Diplomate is a periodontist who has made significant achievements beyond the mandatory educational requirements of the specialty and who is certified by the American Board of Periodontology. To be educationally qualified for Board certification requires:
- Certification as a dentist, including basic college education and completion of dental school to earn the DDS or DMD degree and
- Certification as a periodontist after postdoctoral study in an ADA approved program. This period of study is concentrated on the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of periodontal disease.
In addition to the educational requirements, Board certification requires:
- Comprehensive ABP Qualifying and Oral Examinations covering all phases of periodontal disease and its treatment, including dental implants.
- Presentation of detailed reports on a broad range of actual treatment personally provided by the periodontist.
- Recertification every three years.